Tips for More Restful NightsTrueCareAdmin
Seniors don’t need as much sleep as they did when they were younger. They usually only need 7-8 hours a day. Unfortunately for many they seem to have trouble getting those hours. These are some suggestions that can help with getting more sleep.
- See a doctor if you are experiencing chronic pain, depression, or frequent urination. Getting those problems treated can help lead to a more peaceful night’s sleep.
- Don’t just lay in bed. If you can’t fall asleep after 20 minutes or so try doing something quiet and relaxing like reading, listening to music or taking a hot shower
- Limit your caffeine intake
- Try not to eat much before bed
- Get into a routine by waking up at the same time every day
- Try exercising daily