Golf, Tips on How to Stay SafeTrueCareAdmin
Many retirees love going golfing as they should. It is a relaxing and social way to get outside and stay active. One quality that defines golf is its leisurely pace compared to other sports which makes it a fairly low risk sport however injuries can still happen. Common injuries are to the lower back, wrist and elbow, head and eye. Causes of injury include overuse, incorrect technique, hitting the ground instead of the ball, aggravation of a previous injury and falling.
The following are tips on how to stay safe on your day out on the course.
- Do warm ups and stretch your arms and back before you play
- Take lessons to practice good technique. Good technique reduce chance of injury
- Drink plenty of water to prevent heat stroke
- Wear sun screen
- Have your equipment professionally fitted
- Wear good quality shoes and gloves
- Be sure to stand a safe distance from other players when they are preparing to swing
Have a Great day on the course!